DIXON HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS Monday, January 26, 2015 Pledge of Allegiance
MENU Salisbury Steak Sandwich Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Golden Corn Pineapple
1. There will be no late start on Wednesday, January 28 due to the scheduled half day. Please arrive at your normal start time of 7:45. (Early Bird classes will begin at 7:15).
2. You may never think of yourself as the answer to someone’s prayer, but every time you donate blood, you are! Every time you donate, you help save a person’s life – a mother, a child, a brother. There is no bigger difference you can make in a person’s life than giving them life itself. The hour it takes you to give blood could even save up to three lives. The winter blood drive is Tuesday, January 27th. Please sign up for the blood drive in the nurse’s office. You will NOT be able to sign up to donate the day of the blood drive. All people must sign up by Friday, January 23! Again, the blood drive is Tuesday, the 27th! We need all the donors we can get! Subway will be donating sandwiches to all donors!
3. Who will wear the crown? The Mr. School competition this year will be Saturday, February 21st. If you are interested in competing for this acclaimed crown, see Mr. Eddy in room 305 to sign up. There are only so many spots, so sign up now!
4. Learn the basics of haircutting for free at Educators of Beauty on Wednesday, February 18. Spaces are limited, please see the counseling office for more information.
5. KSB Community Wellness presents “Take a Walk through the Human Heart” at Sauk Valley Community College on January 28 and 29. The free exhibit is open to the public. More information is available in the counseling office.
6. The Dixon YMCA is conducting The Shamrock Shuffle 5K on Saturday, March 14 at 9:00 a.m. Information is available in the main office if you are interested in participating.
7. All available scholarships are posted in the counseling office.