School Bell Schedules
Regular Schedule 7:45-2:15
Half Day Schedule 7:45-11:00
Dixon High School had 5 individuals that competed at the state level in various events for the ICTM Contest. The participants are as follows:
Pictured are the award winners from the Dixon High Spring Awards Concert held on May 20, 2012. Students receiving awards were: Ellie Drezen - John Philip Sousa Award, Michael Rivera - Louis Armstrong Jazz Award and $400 Robert L. L'Heureux Scholarship, Scott Heath - Outstanding Marching Sophomore, Alicia Brown - Outstanding Marching Senior Bandswoman, Ian South - Oustanding Freshman Musician, Austin Dillon - Outstanding Marching Senior Bandsman, Joey Hammitt - Outstanding Junior Musician, Thomas Clemens - Outstanding Marching Junior, Tom Whitcombe - Outstanding Sophomore Musician and Joel Spangler - Outstanding Marching Freshman.
Dear DHS Senior and Parents,
Dixon High School/SVCC Dual Credit Program
Dual Credit Opportunities
1. Courses offered on DHS campus:
Biology II (pre-requisite of B or better in Chem and Bio) 4 SVCC credit hours
2. Dual Credit course options offered on the SVCC campus:
Students have the option of having an early release and taking classes on the SVCC Campus.
How to register for a dual enrollment class
1. Students need to pick up a dual enrollment form from the high school counselor.
How to Earn Credits
Tuition and Expenses
1. Dual enrollment student pays ½ tuition to SVCC
Withdrawal from class procedure
1. Students must comply with both the DHS and the SVCC withdrawal procedures and deadlines to receive a refund and a passing withdrawal grade.
2. Students withdrawing from a SVCC will not receive any credit for the course. Withdrawing from or failing a Dual Enrollment class may negatively impact your ability to get financial aid.
* Note: Dual Credits are only guaranteed to transfer to SVCC. Please check with your college of choice to find out if they will accept the dual credits. Some University will not accept Dual Enrollment if it fulfilled a High School graduation requirement.