½ Day Schedule
No Lunches Served
Thought for the Day: Enjoy your life without comparing it to someone else’s.
1. Seniors – Local scholarships are available on the Dixon Public School’s website. All applications are due April 30, 2010, no exceptions.
2. Students who received invitations to the Honors Banquet must pick up their ticket and purchase tickets for their parents by Wednesday, April 14th.
3. All juniors are to report to the cafeteria during 6th and 7th periods on Friday, April 16th. Counselors and administrators will assist students with pre-registration for the ACT and PSAE.
4. April Scholastic book orders are available until April 23. Forms can be picked up in the library or check online. Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games series, can be pre-ordered.
5. Prom tickets will go on sale Monday during A & B lunch. They will be on sale until April 23rd. Tickets are $40 each.
6. “Come with us to the Land of OZ!” The DHS Theatre Department is presenting the musical “The Wizard of Oz” this weekend. The Dixon Pride Team is giving any student or staff member who attends this event a chance to win Dixon Pride items! Just bring your ticket stub or play program with your name on it and place it in the box in the main office. The drawing will be held Tuesday, April 20th after school and the winners will be announced, April 21st. Come support your classmates and enjoy the musical. Cast members are not eligible for the drawing.
7. The DHS Athletic Booster Club is hosting a spaghetti dinner on Saturday, April 17th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the DHS cafeteria. Spaghetti, salad, breadstick, dessert and drink all for $6 for adults and $4 for 12 and under. Come support DHS and RMS athletics and enjoy a delicious dinner. Carry-outs are available.
8. DHS will offer Summer School to those students who need to make up lost credits. Classes will be offered in Math (Algebra I, 2nd semester only), English, Computer Credit Recovery (Earth Science, Physical Science, Geography, Government, Economics, American History, World History, Geometry, Algebra II and Health). The cost of the classes is $110.00 per class. There will be no waivers for tuition. You must pay for the class when you sign up to reserve your spot. Applications are in the Guidance Office.
9. Thursday is a half-day for teacher’s inservice. We will be on a half-day schedule. Teachers will probably not be available for detentions. You can serve your detention before school in room 119 or after school in 127. If you do not serve your detentions, you will have either Saturday School or APAD.
10.Freshman ring orders will be taken Tuesday, April 20th from 1:00-6:00 in the cafeteria.
Today is the last day to purchase Honors Banquet tickets.
Library books are due today.