Written by L. Bellows
Early Release Schedule
Pizza Dippers w/Sauce
Thought for the Day: People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
1. Anyone interested in being a manager for boys track, see Coach Luther.
2. If you are interested in participating in the Variety Show you can pick up a form in the main office. All forms are due March 5th in the office or to a class officer.
3. February Scholastic Book Orders are available in the library until February 26th.
4. Sophomores – Money for 2012 t-shirts is due to Josie or Sierra by Friday.
5. The American Cancer Society will have an informational meeting for Relay for Life on Monday, March 1st at 7:00 p.m. in the DHS cafeteria.
6. Juniors – Want to be part of a great program? ICO might be for you. If you currently have a job or can get a job for next school year, you can be a part of the ICO program. ICO can even find a job for you. Release time can be provided during the school day for on the job training at a place of employment. For more information and an application, see Mr. Eddy or your counselor.
7. The 2nd annual Second Look Prom & Homecoming Dress Sale is February 27th at the Immanuel Lutheran Church from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We have over 200 dresses, all $30 or less.
8. The Dixon Pride Team wants to promote this Friday as Pride Spirit Day! We want everyone to wear purple and white! We also want to continue that spirit by encouraging everyone to come out that night to support the boy’s basketball team and wear purple & white to the game. We are playing Morris High School for a chance to be conference champs! Go Dixon!
9. Attention All Freshman – Please meet in the cafeteria at 7:45 a.m. on Friday to receive registration materials for next year.
10.The D2 pride Store will have new hours starting this week. The store will be open on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons only from 2:20-2:45. Check out the new black Nike sweatshirts and black dri-fit shirts. There are short sleeve and long sleeve dri-fits for only $15 and $18. If there are other Dixon Pride apparel that you are interested in, please tell any student on the Dixon Pride Team or any advisor in the school store. Come get you purple pride gear for the games this week!
11.Student Council is sponsoring the Sadie Hawkins Dance after the boys’ last home basketball game on Friday. Come enjoy fun under the black lights! The dance begins after the game (around 9:00) and gets over at 11:00. Tickets will be sold at the door for DHS students only. No out of town or out of school guests. You must have your student I.D. Cost is $3 per person or $5 per couple. Hope to see you there!
12.Attention ALL Baseball Players – Monday, March 1st is the first day of practice. Varsity from 9am-11am and Freshman & Sophomores from 11 am to 1pm. Remember, you must have fees, physicals and paperwork completed in the athletic director’s office in order to practice.
13.Dodgeball is here again! Get your teams together for the Spring Dodgeball tournament hosted by the PRIDE Club. It will be on March 10th at 6 pm in the gym. Registration is $20 a team and there must be 5 girls and 5 boys per team in order to participate. Teams need to be registered by March 5th. For more information see Miss Sutherland. Sign-up will be in the main office.
14.We will be on an early release schedule on Friday. There will be an assembly following 7th period.
15.Any students enrolling in dual-enrollment classes for next school year need to sign up in the G.O. for SVCC Placement Test on March 16 or 17. You will be dropped from your SVCC courses if you do not take this test.
16. There is No School on Monday for Casimir Pulaski Day.
17.Registration forms for Girls’ Slow-Pitch and Dixon Roller Hockey are available in the Athletic Office.
18.Al Morrison Baseball sign-up is Saturday from 9-1 at the Loveland Community Building.
19.SVCC will have a representative in the Guidance Office on Wednesday, March 10th at 8:00 a.m. to talk to interested seniors. Sign up in the G. O.
20.Peer Jurors – Don’t forget the hearing scheduled for Sunday. Be at the Police Department by 5:00 p.m.
The Call of the Wild writing and photography contest entries are due in the DHS library by 3:00 p.m. today.
Attention Girls’ Bowling Team members – Please stop by the Athletic Director’s office today after school.
There will be soccer open gym tonight at 6:00 p.m. at DHS.
Teachers – Please set your recycling out at this time.