Written by L. Bellows
Pancakes & Syrup w/Sausage
100% Fruit Juice
Thought for the Day: Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
1. Try-outs for 2010-2011 cheerleading will be March 9, 10 &11. Information packets and permission slips can be picked up in the A.D.’s office.
2. The Dixon Pride Team is proud to promote the Dixon High School Jazz Choir and Band as they are presenting their “Evening of Jazz” concert this Saturday, March 6th at 7:30 pm. The cost is $5.00 which includes a great night of jazz music and refreshments. You can purchase tickets in advance from Jazz Band or Choir members. So come and support your fellow students and show school spirit.
3. Any students enrolling in dual-enrollment classes for next school year need to sign up in the G.O. for SVCC Placement Test on March 16 or 17. You will be dropped from your SVCC courses if you do not take this test.
4. SVCC will have a representative in the Guidance Office on Wednesday, March 10th at 8:00 a.m. to talk to interested seniors. Sign up in the G. O.
5. Due to a recent rash of thefts, Officer LaMendola and the Dixon High School Administration are requesting your assistance. Anyone with information regarding these thefts could be eligible for a cash reward. See SRO Officer LaMendola or an administrator. LOCK YOUR LOCKERS!
6. Juniors – The ZAPS ACT seminar is being offered at DHS March 17 & 18. The cost is $79. Enroll online at www.zaps.com or call 877-927-8378.
7. Starting Thursday, March 4th, the class officers will be holding a monthly $50 gas card raffle! Raffle tickets will be sold each Tuesday and Thursday during lunch and after school. The winning ticket will be drawn on the last school day of the month! Tickets will be $1 for 1 and $5 for 6. Both students AND staff are welcome to participate in the raffle.
8. Dance Team try-outs will be March 16, 17 & 18 from 3:30 – 5:30.
9. Boys’ Tennis practice will begin Tuesday, March 9th. Meet in the band room (134) at 2:30 p.m. Dress for outdoor conditioning. You must have all necessary physicals and fees completed and paid to participate. Season information will be distributed at this practice. See Mr. Boll for questions.
10.Students are reminded not to let people in locked doors. During school hours all students and visitors are to enter the building at the front entrance and check -in the office.
11.The Leo Club is sponsoring a T-shirt design contest until Spring Break. First prize is $50 and the design will be featured on the 2010 Leo Club T-shirts. Turn entries in to the main office or Wes Dempsey.
12.Dixon Police Explorers will meet Monday, March 8th at 6:00 p.m. at the Police Department.
13.Any Junior or Senior girl interested in attending a “Women in Criminal Justice” seminar at Sauk Valley College on Friday, March 26th, should see Ms. Durband.
Variety Show applications are due today.
Today is the last day to sign up your dodgeball team.
Attention Varsity Basketball Players – All uniforms need to be turned in today.